So…I’ve had a pretty busy week. I started binge-watching a couple of shows that dominated my spare time, did some traveling, and just generally did some random things. I didn’t do so well with my Booktubeathon TBR. This just wasn’t the best week for me.
The Booktubeathon 2016 challenges were:
- Read a book with yellow on the cover.
- Read a book only after sunset.
- Read a book you discovered through booktube.
- I read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. In my notes for this book, there’s just the word WHAT written down like 100 times. I was expecting this book to be a little creepy or something, but it was straight up trippy. Full review soon. 4.5 stars, probably. (Sometimes when I write reviews, my ratings change some…)
- Read a book by one of your favorite authors.
- Read a book that is older than you.
- Read and watch a book-to-movie adaptation.
- I read (and listened to the audiobook of) Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. It’s been YEARS since I last read this, but I love the movie and watch it every once in a while. (The one with Emma Thompson, Kate Winslet, and Severus Snape.) There’s a part of me that wants to say I love this book more than Pride and Prejudice. I love the story and the characters and just the general tone of the book. So, so good. 5 stars.
- Read seven books.
So…yep. I read 2 books. But hey…that’s still pretty good for one week! Maybe I’ll try another 1 week challenge before school starts back up again in August. We’ll see!
Did you participate? Let me know what you read in the comments below!
Happy reading! – Caitlyn