I have no idea what this is, but I’m running with it anyway! Caution, I’m throwing you to the wind!
1. Thank and follow the blog that nominated you
2. Tell us 11 facts about yourself
3. Answer the questions that were set for you to answer
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them
Thank you to Emily @ The Little Book Affair for nominating me! How fun!
11 Facts About Me:
- I can’t function without coffee. It’s a problem…I’m aware.
- I’m a bit of a British history buff. I have books on the history of the royal family, castles, British architecture…the whole lot. If you watch a movie about the British royal family with me…it’s like the old 90’s pop up music videos. I just randomly bust out facts.
- My favorite word is “delightful.”
- I have an obsession with making sure everyone is happy.
- My favorite color has been yellow since…well, my whole life.
- I can quote all of the Harry Potter movies.
- I only have to hear a song once or twice before I know the lyrics.
- It’s a pet peeve of mine when people can’t get there, they’re, and their right.
- My lucky number is 47. No joke, I see that number at least once every single day.
- I’m a textbook introvert.
- I collect the “You Are Here” Starbucks mugs.
Questions from Emily:
- What’s your favorite holiday? I love Christmas and everything about it. I”m that person that’s ready to listen to Christmas music the second we clean up our Thanksgiving meal.
- How old were you when you learned how to ride a bike? I think I was probably in the 3rd grade…that may also be the last time I rode a bike. Ha!
- What is/was your favorite subject in school? My favorite subject in school was English…now I spend all day, every day teaching it!
- Do you sleep with a light in your room or with it pitch black? I have to have some kind of light. I’m one of those people. Growing up, it was the closet light that had to be on. Now, there are street lights outside my window…so that works for me.
- What’s your Harry Potter house? I’m a Hufflepuff, through and through.
- What was the highlight of your year? I had some professional highlights this year…lots of encouraging moments in my teaching career this year!
- Do you like reading or writing more? I probably like reading a little more than writing.
- Do you believe in soul mates? I do, actually. I had a conversation with a friend about this recently. For some reason, I think I need to believe in soul mates.
- What do you miss most about being a child? I miss the naivety – being completely unaware of the struggles in life.
- What’s the first thing you do when you wake up? I make coffee…I can’t even think without it.
- If you could invite any fictional character over to your house for coffee/tea, which fictional character would you choose and why? I would kill to have a cup of tea with Hermione. She was like my idol growing up. She was smart and brave and gutsy…I wanted to be just like her.
- Eboni – My Beloved Little Books
- Ami – LuvtoRead
- Heba – Heba’s Book Blog
- Jenny – Reader in a Reverie
- Justine – Bookwormaniac
- Michelle – Michelle, Books and Movies Addict
- Abbie Lu – Cafe Book Bean
- Ashleigh – A Frolic Through Fiction
- Jade – Scatterbooker
- Eve – Eve Messenger’s OtherWORDly Endeavors
- Cristina – My Tiny Obsessions
Questions for you:
- If you had to choose, would you rather be a contestant on The Amazing Race or The Great British Bake-Off? (Or The Great British Baking Show…depending on where you’re from!)
- If you were on a deserted island and only had one book with you, what book would it be?
- Cake or pie?
- How many different cities have you lived in?
- Hot chocolate or apple cider?
- What super power would you want to have?
- Who’s the last person you texted?
- Do you buy DVDs or watch movies online?
- Which 3 people, dead or alive, would you want to invite over for coffee?
- What’s your favorite accent to hear people speaking with? (British, American, Spanish, etc.)
- Would you rather have a pet dragon or be a centaur?